Aerones has started operating in the USA, Texas
Aerones has started operating in the USA, Texas, where we are performing wind turbine lightning protection system conductivity tests using our automatized robotic system for turbines being at risk of possible lightning strikes. A short video of how are we doing can be seen here: Aerones In Texas.
So far we have done conductivity tests on dozens of turbines and our experience shows that most of the turbines are exposed to a significant risk of lightning strikes, as the lightning protection conductivity system is damaged or not working properly. An issued lightning protection system can lead to a total breakdown of the generators and blades, leading to unexpected costs of even more than $300,000. To be on the safe side and avoid such damages, contact us and order fast (3h per turbine), efficient and robotized services for your wind turbine lightning protection system test.
Besides of lightning protection system test, Aerones robotic system can provide the following services:
- Detailed inspections and data analysis (Visual, conductivity, ultrasound, laser);
- Leading-edge protection and ice-phobic coating application;
- 3D scanning of the wind turbine blades – to assess energy production efficiency;
- Leading Edge preparation for the following repair or protective shell application;
- Drainage hole cleaning;
- Blade cleaning.
We are working on:
- Automated Leading-edge repair (video);
The technology offers efficient and unmanned operations with uncompromising health and safety concerns in mind. The whole Aerones robotic system can be assembled and disassembled in an hour, thus significantly minimizing the wind turbine downtime. Please see more in our brochure: